What now for Webber?

• Thank you for visiting ARHQ
    Check out the welcome board....
    We are currently making changes and adding features.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

bazzie89

Mar 26, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
Given the events that un-folded at the weekend in Malaysia and the post race interviews and comments, has Webbers position at Red Bull become untenable? The only winner out of all this appears to be Vettel who won't give a monkey who his partner is, can Webber even be assured of picking up another drive, after all if he can't hack it at Red Bull surely he's gonna struggle anywhere.
What d'you think?

szjoe

Mar 21, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
Webber is too old now anyway, he will walk away at the end of the season I feel. Vettel is top dog in the team and his winning hunger will push out Webber. Team orders don't matter, Vettel wants to win the championship and you need to be ruthless.

theobeast255

Mar 25, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
Yeah he is really old to be racing. If he keeps losing then whats the point to risk his health. He can not take the strain.

fourmatic

Mar 29, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
I don't see him leaving red bull unless they can him or he retires. The team is WAY too good to downgrade to a different team. Obviously he would go to Ferrari but that would never happen with Massa and Alonso driving well for them. I agree I think this might be Marks last season in F1, I hope this isn't the case but I don't see him sticking around.

vroomvroom

Apr 2, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
Webber's on his way out. Botched starts? It's a sign he's an old man in a young man's game. In a world without Vettel he might have had a happier ending to his career, but I don't see it happening at this point...

fourmatic

Mar 29, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
Yep, from the sounds of it Mark is in talks with Le Mans for next year. I guess he is getting pretty old for F1, I'll be sad to see him go but I would have to agree that it's probably his time.

alexqueiros

Mar 27, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
Webber doesn't have much future in F1. He'll do this season, maybe the next one and then retire to drive something different. Maybe Le Mans, maybe V8's.