Is Vettel The No 1 Driver At This Point In Time?

• Thank you for visiting ARHQ
    Check out the welcome board....
    We are currently making changes and adding features.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

bazzie89

Mar 26, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
What always confuses me with F1 is how do you really tell who is the superior driver? I mean that if, for instance, you stuck Vettel in a Force India or a Lotus, what then? And, equally, if you put Raikkonen or, say, Paul de Resta in Vettels Red Bull, what happens then? So, is it Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton or who?

szjoe

Mar 21, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
Winning 3 years in a row should prove you are the best. Alonso is a great driver also, same Hamilton, same Kimi, these are the guys that will constantly beat their team mate, the guys in the same car. Of course if you have a great car it help, but you need to have the best driver in there to handle it!

theobeast255

Mar 25, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
I agree with szjoe. Winning that many times definitely means that you are either the best or just up there. Hope your question was answered.

fourmatic

Mar 29, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
I think he's currently the best in the car he is in. I think Lewis Hamilton would be better if he had a better car, but we Lewis fans have to be patient for a year or two for him to develop with his team. I think the dark horse might end up being Felipe Massa. He's out qualifying Fernando and putting together some very good drives. I'm rooting for Lewis Hamilton this year but I think Sebastian Vettel is the one to beat. (again)

riku517

Mar 31, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
The car that the driver drives has a huge impact on who should be known as the best driver. Szjoe is right in saying that Alonso is one of the best. IF you can win that many times, might as well be known as the best.

fourmatic

Mar 29, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
Yeah but saying Ferrari is that far behind Red Bull racing is unfair I feel. Both cars are performing well. Alonso is very good, and may indeed eventually be better than Sebastian but if you look at to date success, Seb is the clear winner here. I prefer Alonso too so I'm fairly unbiased.

vroomvroom

Apr 2, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
By far the best. The way he drives is like listening to Beethoven for some people. I honestly believe the car is an extension of himself.

alexqueiros

Mar 27, 2013
ARHQ Bucks
Many people consider Alonso to be one of the best, as he does miracles with cars that would much slower if someone else was driving. I don't have an opinion on this matter, but many former drivers and team bosses seem to agree that Alonso is one of the best around.